FREE ACCESS: To access your free e-book copy of the ICC/ASHRAE 700-2015 National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS) simply click on the login button at the top of the page to login or sign up. Then click on “ACCESS CODE” located at the top of the page and enter one of the following access codes based on your affiliation: NAHB, ICC, ASHRAE, MEDIA, OTHER.
The ICC/ASHRAE 700-2015 National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS) has been approved by the American National Standards Institute for all types of sustainable residential construction. A collaborative effort of the International Code Council, ASHRAE and the National Association of Home Builders, NGBS outlines a variety of green practices that can be incorporated into new homes and multifamily buildings, as well as hotels, dormitories and land developments. The Standard also delivers stand-alone chapters for both home remodeling and additions and renovations of multifamily buildings.
The green practices address site and lot design, preparation and development; resource, energy and water efficiency; indoor environmental quality; and operation, maintenance and building owner education.
Four levels—Bronze, Silver, Gold and Emerald—enable residential professionals to integrate sustainability and high performance at a level most appropriate for their businesses and specific housing markets.
Changes for the 2015 Edition
The 2015 edition incorporates changes that better align the NGBS with the I-codes, expands the application of innovative practices and builds upon years of building and certifying to NGBS. Some of the more notable updates include:
- Substantial revisions to the Energy Efficiency chapter, which now has more stringent rating levels based upon whole-house energy savings that are above the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code.
- A comprehensive update of the exterior and interior lighting provisions including common areas in multifamily building.
- Mandatory installation of carbon monoxide alarms for all buildings, regardless of level of certification or local code.
- Revamped stormwater management options that encourage low-impact development practices.
- Greater emphasis on and recognition of multi-modal transportation options including bicycle parking, pedestrian connectivity, proximity to transit and electric-vehicle charging.
- New references in the Resource Efficiency chapter for Environmental Product Declarations for both specific and industry-wide products.
This latest edition includes everything needed to design, construct or remodel any residential project to the most current sustainable and green building criteria available - all under one roof!