This companion to the ANSI-approved National Green Building Standard™ provides valuable insight to the intention and implementation of the practices and provisions found in the Standard. This 2012 edition ICC 700 Commentary is a useful resource for residential designers, land developers, builders and remodelers using the Standard as a tool for developing or renovating residential properties of all types to reduce their relative environmental impact.
The ICC 700 commentary expands on the compliance language in the Standard, including: Scope and Administration, Compliance Method for all applications of the Standard:
• Single family and multifamily new construction.
• Renovation and addition chapters include whole-house renovations and functional areas.
• Green subdivision development; Requirements and prescriptions for all chapters within the Standard.
• Site design and development.
• Lot design, preparation, and development.
• Resource Efficiency.
• Energy efficiency.
• Water efficiency.
• Indoor environmental quality.
This latest edition incorporates all changes made to the 2012 standard and is a valuable tool to assist in the design, construction and compliance of any sustainable residential project.